Navionics and Android GUI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timjet

Guru
There have been some reports of the Navionics software not working properly on some Android phones. I have an HTC incredible phone by Verizon and have had this problem. When attempting to use the Navionics program the display does not show the charts, but just a general outline of land masses. No detail and worthless for navigation.*

The fix so far seems to be, turn the phone off (soft reset) and restart.*

I like this program as a backup to my chart plotter. Anybody else experience this issue?

Is there a vector vs raster issue?

No.*

The navionics program has it's own vertor charts. No choice offered.

Sorry I am late Tim. I had this happen on mine. I did contact their support and they did get back to me. Their fix was to uninstall the app and then reinstall it. It worked! And if you are worried about losing the app you paid money for, don't. That app(or any paid app) will forever be attached to your account so it will always be yours.

I also realize downloading the charts can take some time. *If you are able, download them via wifi and you are likely to get a "cleaner" install. *Maybe a placebo eefect but I downloaded mine first via 3g and ran into this problem...uninstalled and downloaded via wifi and worked fine. *Maybe not related and maybe the charts are stored on your SD card....which is quite likely so it would be totally unrelated....

-- Edited by Baker on Sunday 27th of February 2011 10:01:15 AM

Good to hear it!!!

Back
Top Bottom