My inverter is inverting when it shouldn’t

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. River Rat

Vessel Name
Sabrina
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen Manatee
Having a problem with my inverter. I just left and came back into a marina after the boats at the dock were restacked. When I reconnected to shore power, my inverter (Freedom 25 with a Heart remote panel) would not go into standby mode. As far as I can tell, power into the system 50A at the pedestal through a splitter into two 30A inputs is fine. I have not yet tried switching to generator power)

Any thoughts on what the problem might be and how to address it?

Inverters have computers in them. If you're sure that the inverter should be seeing shore power, and it's not, reboot it. Turn off the 120 VAC and the 12 VDC, wait a minute, then follow owner's manual instructions for start up. See if that solves the problem.

Ted

Inverters have computers in them. If you're sure that the inverter should be seeing shore power, and it's not, reboot it. Turn off the 120 VAC and the 12 VDC, wait a minute, then follow owner's manual instructions for start up. See if that solves the problem.

Ted

:thumb:

I presume that your Freedom is only connected to one of the two 30A shore power inlets so it feeds the moderate AC loads from that leg. Reboot and see what happens.

David

Found it! We discovered a breaker between the shore and the inverter, and it had tripped. We reset it and it all works now.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom