My Fall Electrical Projects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDCAVE

Guru
Vessel Name
Phoenix Hunter
Vessel Make
Kadey Krogen 42 (1985)
My Fall Electrical Projects.

1) Install Charles Isolation Transformer. Decommission 2nd shore power inlet and service. Redo AC service to the panel, install breaker box and 2 pole 30 amp breaker on incoming shore power.

56184840738__8D04EC9A-DB6E-486B-AA21-342B90D922A8.jpg

IMG_2861.jpg

2) Move ESI Fuel polishing system to Inverter side amp of the panel so I can be operated whilst travelling and independent of Genny. Replace Buss Bars for Shore Power and Inverter Neutal connections.

Before:
IMG_2764.jpg
New
IMG_2864.jpg

3) Replace automotive resettable fuses to fridge, Freezer and Webasto with Blueseas breakers.
Before:
DCPanel 2.jpg
New:
IMG_2838.jpg

4) Replace and reinstall the March Pump. The previous owner installed the pum in a vertical orientation, which is not acceptable, according to installation instructions.
Before:
IMG_0495.jpg
New:
IMG_2839.jpg

Nice professional looking job.

John

Good looking work!

Sad to say as someone that does this for a living, your "before" pictures still look better than our Krogen. I'm going to use the excuse that we've only owned the boat a few weeks, and I'll start working on a different excuse to use next year.

Nice professional looking job.

John

That’s because I brought in a professional to do the work. I could have done some of this but he works much faster than me so.

I wouldn’t have considered working on the Shore power or Isolation Transformer. Too much at risk.

I was looking at the pictures and thinking, "Wow! That really looks tidy!" Then it occurred to me, isn't it a kind of a sad commentary on most boat electrical systems that we don't consider that to be the norm? A rat's nest of wires going every which way is so common that we sort of expect that, and are surprised when someone does a proper job of organizing, bundling, and labeling the electrical system.

Oh well, that aside, congrats on a well-done job.

Back
Top Bottom