Go Back   Trawler Forum > Maintenance and Systems > Electrical and Electronics & Navigation

Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
City: LaPaz ,Mexico and the Sea of Cortez
Vessel Name: Delta Swizzler
Vessel Model: 1988 58' Vantare
Miss April Question was to easy.mix and match ?

Is there any way to take a Raytheon R-41x radar, Raytheon V- 850 and garmin 2010c and network those together ? Or is it time to go shopping ? If I go shopping do I build around the Garmin as that appears to be the newest unit of just start from scratch ? These units all work well indepndently in the pilothouse, but I really near some infomation on the flybridge which is where I live most of the time.

Dswizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
City: Chocowinity NC
Vessel Name: My Yuki
Vessel Model: 1973 Marine Trader 34
RE: Miss April Question was to easy.mix and match ?

If the Garmin is the newest uni you have, and you want to build a new system around it, you may want to start over. I have a 2010C I got off the internet a couple of years ago, and it was being discontinued even then. It will interface with an autopilot and depth/sonar, but I cannot find anything that shows it to be radar-display capable. I also have a 192C plotter at my lower helm station, and though it's also an older model with a smaller display, its screen redraw is much faster than the 2010.
ARoss is offline   Reply With Quote