Microwave Turntable

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doc

Guru
The turntable on my*GE Profile Spacesaver microwave is starting to make noise and turn slow to the point where a heavy dish will stop turning but the sound remains.

What is going on and can I fix it?

That was the first thing my wife said. She said spray cooking oil on the little wheels. But, I did not do that because they spin very freely. I'll soak them and report back.

Doc wrote:

The turntable on my*GE Profile Spacesaver microwave is starting to make noise and turn slow to the point where a heavy dish will stop turning but the sound remains.

What is going on and can I fix it?
It's possible the bushings or axle shaft on the wheels has worn to the point that it jams. Remove the little wheels if you can, and have a good look.

The best solution for a microwave turntable is to buy one that doesn't have a turntable. They aren't necessary and then limit how big a pan you can put in the oven. IMHO they are all defective - yours is just more noticeably defective.

If you can't fix it externally (the wheels, etc.) you should probably replace it. They are not expensive, you would have a very hard time finding repair parts, and there's some risk to the user if you don't put it back together correctly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom