Mastervolt and extended service contracts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Will

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
M.V. LOTTIE
Vessel Make
Lien Hwa/Pilothouse LRC
One of my poor old,13 years old, Mastervolt Dakar inverter/chargers has finally allowed the magic smoke to escape and is no more. Talking with my maint guy, and he is saying that Mastervolt is still a good product. Well after 13 years I am not sure I can argue.

My question is: if I go with a new equivalent Mastervolt units, should I spend the extra for the extended service contract, what kinds of experience have y'all had with Mastervolt Mass units?

Hope to see y'all out there!
Will

Just my own opinion....

- If the extended service was from anyone other than the manufacturer themself, I would not buy it. I've heard too many horry stories of people trying to collect on third party contracts.

- Even if it is from the manufacturer, I never buy them. If it's a good deal for me, then the product is a piece of crap. If it's good deal for the manufacturer, then it's not a good deal for me. These contracts are a great source of revenue and profit for manufacturers, retailers, and whoever else sells it to you. That profit comes out of your pocket.

Just my own opinion....

- If the extended service was from anyone other than the manufacturer themself, I would not buy it. I've heard too many horry stories of people trying to collect on third party contracts.

- Even if it is from the manufacturer, I never buy them. If it's a good deal for me, then the product is a piece of crap. If it's good deal for the manufacturer, then it's not a good deal for me. These contracts are a great source of revenue and profit for manufacturers, retailers, and whoever else sells it to you. That profit comes out of your pocket.
I agree, my Mastervolt charger is 38 years old and still charging. Pun intended. I use it as a backup to my Magnum inverter charger.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom