Manual Needed - ComNav Remote

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penta

Vessel Name
Penta
Vessel Make
36' 1961 Sather ex-Gill Netter
Gang - I wonder if any of you might have a schematic diagram for a ComNav Model 101 autopilot remote. I could use the entire technical manual however the schematic is the critical part.
Any help gratefully accepted.
John Tones* MV Penta
Sidney, BC

Thanks for the replies from Phil and sumtingwong. I had already spoken to the factory and found that they will not sell technical manuals, if in fact there are any, to me. The factory stated that I would have to take my unit to a dealer to get it repaired so I contacted the local reps. and found that they did not have any manuals even on the pilot itself except what they had cobbled together from their own experience.
Apparently ComNav want everyone to send the defective unit to them and they will repair it and return it and I get the impression they won't accept a unit from an individual, it must come via a dealer.
I was sort of hoping that someone might have been lucky enough to have a full manual that I could get a couple of copied pages from but I guess I will fly by the seat of my pants and see what I can accomplish. After spending 50 years of my life repairing communications and electronics equipment it sucks to have to pay someone else to do it for me
ComNav make great pilots but they sure are a pain to deal with.
John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom