Mainship Electrical Panel Indicator Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davegreene99

Vessel Name
Seascape
Vessel Make
Mainship 390 yr 2000
I own a 2000 Mainship 390. I am having trouble finding a source for the 12vdc panel lights. I need 5/16" diameter red LEDs. When Luhr's was still in business, I bought them there. Any suggestions?

I own a 2000 Mainship 390. I am having trouble finding a source for the 12vdc panel lights. I need 5/16" diameter red LEDs. When Luhr's was still in business, I bought them there. Any suggestions?

sure they were LED????

How about these or maybe the 1/4" LED will fit with the flange...call

14V 5/16 incandescent red light - $4.76

Paneltronics: Electrical Components: Indicator Lights

They are great to work with and prices direct seem reasonable for a marine supplier.

I plan on using them for my total panel swap.

Last edited:
Have you tried one of the companies that make electrical panels?
Thanks all who responded. The original lights were incandescent, but I replaced them with LED lights which were much brighter. However they did not last like most LEDs do. The were Solico brand 5/16" 14 vdc LED indicator lights. I will take all the suggestions and research them this week.

Check an electronics supplier like Newark , Digikey, maybe even McMaster Carr.

If the life of those Solico was too short then check the voltage requirements for them. Maybe they are intended for use in a regulated 12v application and don;t like the typical boat system of up to 14.4 v. A drop resistor may do the trick but you will need to know plus the current they draw. The brilliance may vary if done like that but maybe that would be acceptable?

If the life of those Solico was too short then check the voltage requirements for them. Maybe they are intended for use in a regulated 12v application and don;t like the typical boat system of up to 14.4 v. A drop resistor may do the trick but you will need to know plus the current they draw. The brilliance may vary if done like that but maybe that would be acceptable?

Or marinebeam.com may have some of their 10-30V "constant current" versions that could work as indicators lights.

-Chris

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom