Lumitec LED lighting install in cockpit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wkearney99

Guru
Vessel Name
Solstice
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 47 Eastbay FB
I've installed several Lumitec lights in our Eastbay 47. Three along the ceiling above the aft door and two under the cockpit gunwales. The ones in the arch are their Mirage model. Under the gunwales are Halo units.

Here's a clip showing them running their slow cycle pattern.

https://youtu.be/bMRZjX6Z7I8

The whole cycle takes at least 3 minutes, so it'll be like watching paint dry. The reds in that clip came out brighter than in person. Likewise the greens in the video are muted compared to actual. But hey, I had my phone, the lights were installed and it was raining. This was as good as I was prepared to get at the time.

They're direct replacements. That is, using just the same two power wires as any other lights. You control the color by toggling the switch powering them. First on, left that way, comes on white. Toggle four times quickly and you get red (for night vision). Toggle on, off, on and wait... until your desired color comes up then toggle off/on to set it.

All lights on a circuit will act in concert with each other. But if you've got separate circuits (as I do) you'll have to be clever with your switch tapping if you want to have them all match.

There's an additional three lights behind the flybridge stairs. I've ordered an Orbit model of their lights and will compare how it casts light against the others. The Halo and Orbit lamps have a smaller diameter than the Mirage. They're designed to be either direct mounted using a ring or in an adapter mount to fit the hole from a typical 3" lamp.

Attachments

• blue.JPG
    blue.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 60
  • white.JPG
    white.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom