Lighthouse Charts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So I got a new Raymarine c97 and it came with a card to load up Lighthouse charts. I also have a navionic card.

What is the good, bad and ugly of lighthouse?

Last night I downloaded and installed the East Coast Raster Charts...those are the ones I prefer....

Loaded them into my e7D and they work like a champ.

Raymarine said they cut the file size by like 50% which made downloading them on public wifi doable where last month I tried and it kept timing out.

I think having the mapping provided that I downloaded for free is just mind boggling.

That with free charts from NOAA on my Laptop and OpenCPN...I feel very comfy in my annual 3000 mile trip.

So I got a new Raymarine c97 and it came with a card to load up Lighthouse charts. I also have a navionic card.

What is the good, bad and ugly of lighthouse?

Navionics has a cost to update the charts. Unless you're a hard core fisherman, the updates really aren't all that much to crow about. The Lighthouse charts give you the option of raster or vector, and are updated free of charge.

No downsides IMO.

Navionics has a cost to update the charts. Unless you're a hard core fisherman, the updates really aren't all that much to crow about. The Lighthouse charts give you the option of raster or vector, and are updated free of charge.

No downsides IMO.

Do they have the same features such as currents and tides? Do they include Canada?

The North America Lighthouse charts are based on NOAA charts and are only for the US. Same as the paper charts, no bells and whistles.

Bob

The North America Lighthouse charts are based on NOAA charts and are only for the US. Same as the paper charts, no bells and whistles.

Bob

Are you positive about that?

I haven't looked at the great Lakes Region but it sure seems they cover the Canadian side too...the west coat looks continuous too...to bad if they don't cover the other side of the lakes/inland passage...

LightHouse Charts - Raster: USA West

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom