Led color for engine room and Navigation lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

O C Diver

Guru
Vessel Name
Slow Hand
Vessel Make
Cherubini Independence 45
Replacing light bulbs throughout the boat with led modules. Have been using warm white in the living areas. Wondering if people think the cool white is a better light color for the engine room and whether it is move visible as an anchor light.

Ted

I went with the cool white in the engine room it is amazing now I see all the stuff that needs further cleaning

I went with the cool white in the engine room it is amazing now I see all the stuff that needs further cleaning

:thumb: After we installed the new lights I realized how dirty the engine room looked. A typical boat project. You finish one and create another. :banghead:

:thumb: After we installed the new lights I realized how dirty the engine room looked. A typical boat project. You finish one and create another. :banghead:

Yes and I was able to see things well when my water heater blew up on the 4th of July

Cool (aka bright) white in the engine room.

3NM forward-facing masthead light/2NM aft-facing light for anchoring. It happens to be a cool (bright) white, but no color choices were offered; it all came with the Attwood fixture.

-Chris

Cool (aka bright) white in the engine room.

3NM forward-facing masthead light/2NM aft-facing light for anchoring. It happens to be a cool (bright) white, but no color choices were offered; it all came with the Attwood fixture.

-Chris

yes cool=bright

I really like it in the engine room and my wife wants the same in bathrooms

Agree with the cool white 5500-6000K for the ER. I simply swapped out my incandescent bulbs and it made a significant difference. I just don't want them that bright in a living areas.

Back
Top Bottom