Old 05-26-2016, 08:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

City: Farmington, NM
Vessel Name: UTUG2
Vessel Model: Outer Reef 26
Laptop Assistance

My Macbook Pro crashed last week and unfortunately lost the Navionics app I downloaded for the Navionics SD chip to so do preplanning of lakes, ocean structure, anchorages, etc. On the Navionics website it appears they no longer provide an app for a pc. Does anyone know another app I can download that will accept a Navionics SD chip? The SD card/chip is approximately 4 years old and I suspect there is not a lot of difference between the old and new and really don't want to purchase a new one.

ufish2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:27 AM   #2

City: SoCal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufish2 View Post
My Macbook Pro crashed last week and unfortunately lost the Navionics app I downloaded for the Navionics SD chip to so do preplanning of lakes, ocean structure, anchorages, etc. On the Navionics website it appears they no longer provide an app for a pc. Does anyone know another app I can download that will accept a Navionics SD chip? The SD card/chip is approximately 4 years old and I suspect there is not a lot of difference between the old and new and really don't want to purchase a new one.
I've been looking at similar stuff and I came across Fugawi (https://www.fugawi.com/). I haven't committed to purchasing yet but it looks like it will work with navionics charts

jtulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:07 AM   #3
Guru

City: Sarasota/Ft. Lauderdale
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufish2 View Post
Hmm..4 years old, has it been updated lately?

If not, there could be quite a bit of difference it and a new one.
Capt.Bill11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 10:39 PM   #4
Guru

City: Punta Gorda, fl
Vessel Name: Escapade
Vessel Model: Nordic Tug 37 2002
Read up on open cpm.

http://www.bigdumboat.com/cpnfaq.html
Pgitug is offline   Reply With Quote