Inverter Tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My original microwave (circa 1999) would sometimes start and then stop cooking on inverter power. I replaced it with a Panasonic. This one is reliable on inverter power but makes a lot more noise.

I conducted experiments heating water on shore power and microwave power. As I recall, with the Panasonic, one minute on microwave power raised a cup of water from 75 degrees or so to 130 degrees while shore power raised it to about 145 degrees.

I thought about returning the Panasonic and trying something else because of the noise but my wife said it didn't bother her so I kept it. It's either 800 watts or 900 watts (don't remember) and slight ly larger inside than the one it replaced but fit in the same location.

It doesn't have an "always on" clock which is a good feature when you will be turning the power off on a regular basis.

The microwave clock does not keep accurate time when powered off the inverter, must not be right on 60 cps.

Also, gfi outlets hum, loudly.

Xantrex 1800 watt. Other then the above works fine.

Ditto, Xantrex 1800 in engine Bay.Works well, noticable hum/wine when the fan kicks in. Enough to make us turn it off when we go to bed.

millennium wrote:
The microwave clock does not keep accurate time when powered off the inverter, must not be right on 60 cps.

And it doesn't keep time at all if you turn the inverter off without shore power.

The GE microwave oven I bought for my home (above the range with fan and light) won't even heat a cup of cold coffee if the clock is not set (after a power failure or glitch).* Not just set the time (AM or PM), but the day, date, month and year!*
furious.gif

If I had known that, I would have taken it back to Lowes and bought something else.* Why does a microwave oven need to know any of this?

rwidman wrote:
Why does a microwave oven need to know any of this?
Maybe it collects data on all your activities and sends it back to China.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom