Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
Guru

John, you'll love the 740. It does everything the high end units do except it doesn't have a video feed, at least mine didn't. I say didn't because mine was stolen over the weekend. I can't believe my spat of bad luck. A separate thread to follow on this.
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
TF Site Team/Forum Founder

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Name: Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Model: Meridian 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
John, you'll love the 740. It does everything the high end units do except it doesn't have a video feed, at least mine didn't. I say didn't because mine was stolen over the weekend. I can't believe my spat of bad luck. A separate thread to follow on this.

Dammit dude!!! THAT SUCKS!!!! Sorry to hear it!!!!
Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #23
Guru

City: Cary, NC
Vessel Name: Skinny Dippin'
Vessel Model: Navigator 4200 Classic
Bought our Standard Horizon CP390i from them a year or two ago. It was pretty easy. Nothing special... just another online retailer with a catchy name. A good thing for me is that they are in Oak Island, NC, so if there are issues, it's not insanely far away to go face-to-face with them. I'd probably call them again if I upgrade.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #24
Guru

City: Salvador - BA
Vessel Name: Rainha Jannota
Vessel Model: Curruira 46
Baker
Thank you very much for the clue. I just bought the South America Garmin chart for 50% less than my usual supplier. However, the radar antenas are somewhat more expensive than Starmarine.com for example. All in all GPS store seems to be way cheaper.
Thank you
Old 10-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #25
Guru

Baker

Me again. Sorry mate, the text below has nothing to do with you, and I am thankful for your clue. At the stage of my boat construction I am always trying to find good prices, but…

I am pulling everything I said about GPS store. They are probably very good for the American market but very bad and unfair for the international market. They think that outside of USA everybody is a thief or a smuggler. They are so stupid that they cannot even identify the origin of a card via its number. I wonder why they require our home phone numbers to confirm purchases.

Too bad, they really seem to have good prices, but they cannot deal outside their own neighborhood. Apart from the prejudice against foreigners or International markets.

No wonder there’s so much hate around the world!

Thank you anyway
Old 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #26
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Portugese, Is there some way one of us can help you with the purchase? I'm offering my services if it can help in some way.

We aren't all prejudiced towards foreigners.

@DeltaBridges - 25 Delta Bridges in 25 Days
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom.B View Post
\ Nothing special... just another online retailer with a catchy name and the lowest prices!!!
There...fixed it for ya!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:29 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portuguese View Post
Baker

Me again. Sorry mate, the text below has nothing to do with you, and I am thankful for your clue. At the stage of my boat construction I am always trying to find good prices, but…

I am pulling everything I said about GPS store. They are probably very good for the American market but very bad and unfair for the international market. They think that outside of USA everybody is a thief or a smuggler. They are so stupid that they cannot even identify the origin of a card via its number. I wonder why they require our home phone numbers to confirm purchases.

Too bad, they really seem to have good prices, but they cannot deal outside their own neighborhood. Apart from the prejudice against foreigners or International markets.

No wonder there’s so much hate around the world!

Thank you anyway
Sorry about that Porty!!! I doubt it has to do with hate. I think they required my phone number as well and I gave it to them. I didn't think anything of it. They also called me to confirm that my shipment was on the way....maybe it is just a service thing. They did try to sell me the transducer for the sounder during the call. I honestly do not think it was their purpose to call me to try to sell the transducer. It sounded like people think the transducer comes with it and they are just being pre-emptive to make sure people realize the transducer is not included and that if you want one, now is the time to buy before it ships.

Anyway, that is my take. And also my 740s showed up on my door step yesterday. I am pretty dang excited about that.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #29
Guru

Baker

In the last 36 months I have bought stuff online from WM, Defender, Wholesales Marine,
I-Boat, WMJ, Side Power, and etc.
In all of them I gave my phone number and complete address, no exception. That is not the issue.
When I saw the request for bank wire, I called the GPS Store and the answer was that they saw my foreigner address and therefore, immediately made a decision over my criminal record and decided that I needed to pay by wire without even putting the card thru to check for validity. I am sure that this is what WM and others do.
What made me mad is the fact that I was judged guilty in face of my home address, unbelievable!!!

Anyway!

Al
Thank you very much, I really appreciate. I bought the damn thing from WMJ. They charged me $70 bucks more but they treat me like an equal.

I hate to write about this subjects!
Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #30
Guru

City: San Diego
Vessel Name: Circuit Breaker
Vessel Model: 2021..22' Duffy Cuddy cabin
Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
John, you'll love the 740. It does everything the high end units do except it doesn't have a video feed, at least mine didn't. .
What? No video feed? Geez, how are you going to live with that?
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1211.JPG