Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2014, 06:23 PM   #1
Veteran Member
 
JESSEDIVER49's Avatar
 
City: Houston
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Good Vibrations
Vessel Model: Grand Banks Classic 42
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 90
Garmin sirius radio antenna

I'm looking at buying a Garmin Sirius radio antenna for my trawler. Can anyone tell me if the Garmin GXM52 is worth spending more money ($200+) than buying a less expensive GXM51?
__________________
Advertisement

JESSEDIVER49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 AM   #2
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSEDIVER49 View Post
I'm looking at buying a Garmin Sirius radio antenna for my trawler. Can anyone tell me if the Garmin GXM52 is worth spending more money ($200+) than buying a less expensive GXM51?
What chart-plotters will you be using it with? We just got amGXM52 for our 2 741xs's. I think the GXM52 is aimed more at their new line of chart-plotters.
__________________

__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
Veteran Member
 
JESSEDIVER49's Avatar
 
City: Houston
Country: USA
Vessel Name: Good Vibrations
Vessel Model: Grand Banks Classic 42
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 90
Garmin Sirius Antenna Question - GXM52 vs 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4712 View Post
What chart-plotters will you be using it with? We just got amGXM52 for our 2 741xs's. I think the GXM52 is aimed more at their new line of chart-plotters.

That makes sense, thanks. I have 4212 Garmin chart plotters.
JESSEDIVER49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:34 AM   #4
Guru
 
N4712's Avatar
 
City: South FL
Country: U.S.A
Vessel Name: Oliver
Vessel Model: Nordhavn 47 Hull# 12
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by JESSEDIVER49 View Post
That makes sense, thanks. I have 4212 Garmin chart plotters.
Then the GXM51 should do you just fine.
__________________
Thanks, Oliver
M/V Oliver
Nordhavn 47 Hull #12
N4712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012