Garmin Install

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhatty

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
"Emily Anne"
Vessel Make
2001 Island Gypsy 32 Europa (Hull #146)
Finished removing old Raymarine chartplotters and radar and installing new Garmin displays and radar a little while ago. Two weeks plus of part time (read skipping out of work early) tearing apart of the boat, old wiring and cable removal then rewiring, re-cabling, fitting new display mounts, connecting and interfacing with autopilot and VHF, all boiled down to the only visable changes being two new displays in place of the old ones (pics attached) and scanner (no pic). Sort of proud of myself and saved a bundle on installation costs. And, subject to sea trial, it all seems to work.

Attachments

• garmin1.jpg
    garmin1.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 82
  • garmin2.jpg
    garmin2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 69
  • garmin3.jpg
    garmin3.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 76
  • garmin4.jpg
    garmin4.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 78
And, yes, I know the display shows that I'm aground. I am.

-- Edited by dwhatty on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 04:52:37 PM

Nice job Dave!!!

I hope you like the set up as much as I like mine. I've given considerable thought about Going with a new Garmin combo but it doesn't make sense for me to spend that kind of money replacing my 6000i that works so well. I will admit to being envious though.

I've also seen a demo on the new Simrad NSE (NorthStar Edition) which blew me away.

Walt

-- Edited by SeaHorse II on Tuesday 22nd of December 2009 11:47:14 PM

Attachments

• img_1452.jpg
    img_1452.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 70
Sweeet!* That is what I want to install when I finish the restoration.* How do you like the Garmin products?* I work in aircraft electronics and Garmin is one of the TOP DOGS
when it comes to avionics for general aviation so if their marine units perform as well that will be one nice setup.*
Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom