Furuno NavPilot 700 Rate of Turn on new course

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arthurc

Guru
Vessel Name
Sea Bear
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 54
When my NavPilot 700 gets a new course from the TZT it turns rather wildly, way overshooting the new heading before finally coming back and finding its course. I can’t seem to find a setting on rate or aggressiveness of turn. All I could find was based on seastate and attacking a course. Does anyone know what the right configuration is to mellow this out? It’s like the FAP thinks every new course is an emergency dodge...
Thanks
Arthur

When my NavPilot 700 gets a new course from the TZT it turns rather wildly, way overshooting the new heading before finally coming back and finding its course. I can’t seem to find a setting on rate or aggressiveness of turn. All I could find was based on seastate and attacking a course. Does anyone know what the right configuration is to mellow this out? It’s like the FAP thinks every new course is an emergency dodge...

Thanks

Arthur

Yes, there is a ROT setting. It is under ships characteristics in the setup menus. A friend and I struggled with the same thing when we installed NP700s. Mine is set to 2 d/s and course changes are a thing of beauty.

Thanks! As always you seem to have an answer :)
Btw I hooked up a prototype of using the DCR100 and Maretron DSM410 to auto turn on and off my thruster PTO (just activating a buzzer now until I wire into the PTO). Worked brilliantly, buzzed (got power) from 600-1000 rpm each time I went into that range.

Thanks! As always you seem to have an answer :)

Btw I hooked up a prototype of using the DCR100 and Maretron DSM410 to auto turn on and off my thruster PTO (just activating a buzzer now until I wire into the PTO). Worked brilliantly, buzzed (got power) from 600-1000 rpm each time I went into that range.

Nice to know it woks. That's one aspect of the maretron gear that I haven't tried yet.

Finally got around to changing mine from 5 to 2 d/s. Thanks! Turning like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom