Freedom 25 Installation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Xsbank

Guru
Vessel Name
Gwaii Haanas
Vessel Make
Custom Aluminum 52
Does anybody here have an installation manual for the above? The inverter is toast but the owner said the charger works. As I only want the charge circuit it should be a useful addition to the boat to charge the batteries off the genset. Even a scan of the hookup process would be invaluable. I have everything wired and ready but I don't know if I connect the input wires first or the battery terminals first.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Does anybody here have an installation manual for the above? The inverter is toast but the owner said the charger works. As I only want the charge circuit it should be a useful addition to the boat to charge the batteries off the genset. Even a scan of the hookup process would be invaluable. I have everything wired and ready but I don't know if I connect the input wires first or the battery terminals first.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Google "freedom 25 user manual" and I think you will find what you need.

I have the owners manual which does have a section on installation. PM your email to me and I'll send it to you if you want.

I would almost bet that if the inverter is dead then so is the charger. We had one many years ago and they use the same power switching FETs for the inverter and charging functions. On ours the FETs died and so did both functions.

Gentlemen! I didn't realize that the "Owner's Manual" also had a section on Installation (remember your English teacher telling you to always read the Index?)! Anyway, I got lucky! It works! Yay, I saved about 2 Canadian Boat Dollars! I don't need an inverter but I got tired of running the genset for five hours or so, this should fix it. Thank you all for your replies, I should be a lot less excited about a Xantrex product, this one has partly failed already, but I guess I have been fairly good, haven't been rude to anybody online and I have been working so hard so maybe King Neptune will let me use this charger until I get too silly to be a boater?

Wish me luck!?

... maybe King Neptune will let me use this charger until I get too silly to be a boater?

Er - don't you mean "too sensible to be a boater?" :facepalm:

My boat came with a Freedom 25 that must be many years old by now. Still works fine.

Richard

Oh Gawd Britannia, pour some rum into the sea or sacrifice a virgin, the Xantrex machines are spawn of the devil and you have drawn attention to yours... Oh the horror.

Sensibility will never be associated with my name. Even my handle says that I couldn't keep the wings within limitations way back when. I'm going to keep on fixing and boating until the mistakes and the damage get to be more numerous than the successes. That's why I don't expect much from the Xantrex coz I am getting close.

Oh Gawd Britannia, pour some rum into the sea or sacrifice a virgin, the Xantrex machines are spawn of the devil and you have drawn attention to yours... Oh the horror.

I guess I just like living life on the edge.

Actually it's just a ploy to distract Neptune with an obvious target so that he doesn't turn his attention to any of my more critical boat machinery! :angel:

Richard

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom