Old 05-24-2012, 09:29 PM   #1
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
Free Navionics for PC Offer

If you're a member of BoatUS, Navionics is offering a free PC version of their popular marine mapping software for planning purposes on your Mac or PC. I'm told it won't link to a GPS for a moving map display, but has most if not all other main features. It will sync with your android to share chart corrections and POI updates. No proof of membership is required.

NAVIONICS: The Leader in Electronic Charts

Navionics
Navionics is offering the Navionics PC App for FREE-a $49.99 value! Visit the Navionics Webstore and use code 6083048124 by August 31, 2012 to download the App! Note: Webstore software must install prior to PC app software. Includes USA Charts only. Navionics PC/Mac App is a great resource for boaters or fishermen to plan their adventures with Navionics charts. Users can edit charts which may be shared with the Navionics community! This feature rich app includes route planning, tides & currents, wind, import/export of routes & waypoints to/from select plotters, optional terrain overlay and so much more.
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #2

Need some help. Went to the store, downloaded their app and agreed they could use all kinds of information from me, selected the map, used code but said voucher had already been redeemed. Double checked the numbers. OK. Actually the blank for the codel called it a "voucher". Maybe not in the right place. Also, following that they wanted my credit card information. Help.
Fighterpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
TF Site Team

City: California Delta
Vessel Name: FlyWright
Vessel Model: 1977 Marshall Californian 34 LRC
My bad...maybe its a one use code? Sorry if that's the case.
FlyWright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:17 PM   #4
Per
Guru

software pirates...
arrrrrrrrggghh

i have navionics on my android gps tablet, it is ok.
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:28 PM   #5
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
My Admiral insists on using her I-Pad with Navionics side-by-side with the chartplotters. Works pretty good.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:31 PM   #6
Per
Guru

healhustler, did you have to buy navionics charts separately?
mine seems to lacking a lot of details, i am wondering if i need to buy the charts to down load or put on a Sd card or something..
Per is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
A_C

City: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Per View Post
healhustler, did you have to buy navionics charts separately?
mine seems to lacking a lot of details, i am wondering if i need to buy the charts to down load or put on a Sd card or something..
The Navionics PC App is typically used to view charts that have already been purchased on SD or CF cards. Maybe healhustler's version also includes Navionics silver or gold charts in a downloadable format?
A_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:21 PM   #8
Guru

City: North Charleston, SC
Along these same general lines, if you use Garmin plotters, they offer "HomePort" software for under $30. You can copy the charts from your plotter to an SD card, then view them on a PC. You can also create or modify routes, tracks, and waypoints and load them to your plotter.

I use it and it's a big help.
rwidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #9
Guru

City: Longboat Key, FL
Vessel Name: Bucky
Vessel Model: Krogen Manatee 36 North Sea
PER....sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Can't really say much about the Navionics on the Admiral's I-pad now? She updated it for the first time on Friday over I-Tunes, and so far, she hasn't been able to get the map/chart or the GPS position cursor to appear. I've never been serious about it cuz she just pesters me with it. Still, I have to admit that it got us off a shallow in Biscayne Bay that wasn't indicated on either of our chartploters. It may have been loaded by her I-pad buddy who is also an avid boater. Our updates have often sabotaged software and aps on PC's, but not to my knowledge on Mac's or the I-pad. Other than depths and markers, I don't remember much of the detail.
healhustler is offline   Reply With Quote