Ford Lehman 120 Oil Pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patzfan4eva

Veteran Member
Wanted some opinions on my oil pressure sensor issue, my Ford Lehman 120 is showing a 90 plus lbs of oil pressure during idle or under way.* Before I replace the sensor, has anyone had this issue*and should I look somewhere else first?

Acceptable oil pressure range on an FL120 is 20-60 pounds with the average being in the 40-50 psi range. I suspect your sensor is bad or your gauge is bad. You might call Bob or Brian Smith at American Diesel. Bob did a lot of the original marinization work on the Ford engine when he was at Lehman and he and his son probably know just about everything there it to know about the engine and its components. They should be able to advise you on the cause of the high reading and the cure.

Depending on the unit , you may have simply lost the ground , very common.

I have had several oil pressure senders*go bad. The vibration of a diesel takes them out.
Happened on a Perkins and two different Cummins engines.
My Lehman one is ok so far though and reads somewhere near the 50 psi that Marin stated.
You need to call ADC though as I am not sure those senders are still in production. You may have to replace the sender and both gages.

patzfan4eva wrote:

Wanted some opinions on my oil pressure sensor issue, my Ford Lehman 120 is showing a 90 plus lbs of oil pressure during idle or under way.* Before I replace the sensor, has anyone had this issue*and should I look somewhere else first?
Has it always read this way? Mine read high from the day I bought it...discovered the PO had put the wrong sender in. Got the correct one from American Diesel and it has read correctly ever since.

Back
Top Bottom