Flat Panel Articulated Wall Mount

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sbu22

Guru
Vessel Name
Panache
Vessel Make
Viking 43 Double Cabin '76
I've been looking at the referenced to occupy a bit of unused bulkhead space in the saloon. To make it work, it will require at least 45 degrees horizontal rotation and 15 degrees tilt. There are plenty out there, but I'm concerned about the dynamic loads that will occur on the water. The RV mounts claim to be durable and designed for the vibs and shocks of over the road travel - but, they don't appear to me to any different than the static mounts (except for a higher price tag). Anybody have any experience with this? Appreciate the help.

Following professional installs on large cruisers on our lake I used an Omnimount to hang a 32" flat screen on the salon/head bulkhead. It's thru bolted in 1" plywood, solid & will allow more tilt & rotation than you stated. Their customer service was helpful chosing which model # for my screen & situation. When I had that I google it & Vann's, an online discount electronic store in MT or WY had the lowest price. A week later I had it in hand. The mount is well built & stylish.

Products

We have used an off the shelf mount from Best Buy sized for our TV in two boats now. The TV has survived gale force conditions offshore and everything else both boats have thrown at it for years. No need to buy anything more expensive or exotic. Chuck

Thanks to you both. Bill

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom