Engine Gauges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdebelser

Vessel Name
RumRunner
Vessel Make
GB36 Classic 1980
We have a Camano Troll but the upper helm only has the tachometer, no other gauges. Thus I seldom use the upper helm as I really want to be able to see engine temperature, oil pressure and amp meter. IS there a simple way to make this happen. Engine is a Volvo TMD41P with factory gauge panels, but lacking up top.

Fabulous. Boat otherwise!!

Input appreciated.

Welcome aboard. You could certainly add gauges to the upper helm. You would need to change the senders to dual senders instead of single senders. Find senders that are compatible with your current gauges and add the same gauges to the upper helm.

You could do what Jeffndeb is doing and convert the data to NMEA to be able to read them on a MFD connected to the bus.

I have two Volvo TAMD 61As and my upper helm instruments were wildly inaccurate. I had the chance to test the Actisense EMU-1 engine monitor (plus a few others) and ended up buying it for myself after the testing.

Even at my lower helm now, I use the digital instruments on my MFDs over the analog gauges as they're faster to read on one compact display.

Back
Top Bottom