Emailable route?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dougcole

Guru
Vessel Name
Morgan
Vessel Make
'05 Mainship 40T
Some buddies of mine are helping me to bring our boat from Sebastian, FL to our home marina in the FL panhandle in Carrabelle.

They are not really boaters and don't live in Florida, so they are kind of unclear about the route. I'd like to do some sort of google earth image with a line showing the route and email it to them.

Know how I can do this?

Doug, there may be other, more "elegant" ways to do this, but if you have an Active Captian account (free and easy if you don't already), you can either set up a new route of just use the "measure path" function to map out the route. What's very nice about it is that you can either show them on the nautical chart, satellite view, or map view. You can actually chart the preferred path and save it, then share it with your friends who can then study that route and actively navigate using it. The plot function on Active Captain is very useful. Here's a link to a good article:
http://www.panbo.com/archives/2011/11/activecaptain_route_sharing_dangerous_useful_or_perfection.html

Doug,

You can also set it up on many chart plotters and export it to a navigation object file (.nob) on an SD card. In Coastal Explorer you can export routes as either a .nob file or .kml file that you would open in Google Earth.

Tom

If you have charts on your computer, you can hit PrintScreen to save to a clipboard, copy it into Paint, draw your lines and save as an image file. (If you have an Apple, it's probably easier than that.)

Then you can email them the .jpg picture file.

If you have charts on your computer, you can hit PrintScreen to save to a clipboard, copy it into Paint, draw your lines and save as an image file. (If you have an Apple, it's probably easier than that.)

Then you can email them the .jpg picture file.
Correcto Mundo & very easy to do.:thumb:

Very Interesting Thread and great Information 3-4 Months of the year my home port is 45 miles from DougCole

I had never seen the Google maps chart plotting great tool to play around with thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom