Electronic Display

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FF

Guru
Anyone have a source for an electronic display to show lots of engine or other sensor driven info?

Needs to handle at least 12-20 inputs.

FF wrote:
Anyone have a source for an electronic display to show lots of engine or other sensor driven info?
Are you talking about NEMA2000* I would think it is all about having the right sender.

I have a garmin 4208 that has a section for dashboard gages the only problem is having the sender that can be interpreted by the garmin unit or a sender capable of sending a NEMA 2000 signal.*** with my set up the tac works as well as the floscan but not the oil pressure or the temp.

SD

skipperdude wrote:
Are you talking about NEMA2000* I would think it is all about having the right sender.

I have a garmin 4208 that has a section for dashboard gages the only problem is having the sender that can be interpreted by the garmin unit or a sender capable of sending a NEMA 2000 signal.*** with my set up the tac works as well as the floscan but not the oil pressure or the temp.

SD
*I have a Garmin 740 which also has the dashboard gauges display. Excuse my ignorance but how would I get engine info to the garmin unit. Would I have to replace all the sending units with NMEA 2000 compatable ones? That sounds expensive, or is it? *I want to add turbo boost and egt gauges, would it be possible to use the garmin unit to display this info by obtaining a compatable sending unit thus avoiding having to install the gauges at the helm.*

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom