Old 11-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #41
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
RE: Droid Apps

Quote:
timjet wrote:
Several years ago I decided not to use bill pay or my notebook computer to connect to any of my bank accounts vi*

WiFi while traveling.*

A commercial customer of BOA lost about $90 grand from his commercial account because someone hi-jacked his computer. BOA did not take responsibility because they said his computer was hi-jacked and not BOA's.*
*I practice the same "safe banking"....especially in other countries(which is where I am most of the time).

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:31 PM   #42
TF Site Team

City: League City, Tx
Vessel Model: Carver 356
RE: Droid Apps

Well it looks like navionics came to their senses under the pressure of customers and the Android Market.....They attached the file to the email and I was able to recover the app!! Good job Navionics.

John,

Navionics is providing these instructions in an attempt to resolve the issue you are experiencing with the re-installation of our app. Our understanding is the previous instructions we provided regarding re-installation from the Google market were unsuccessful.

User installation instruction for the Android Bundle 5.3.2:

1- Enable the 'Unknown sources' in the device's Settings

By default, most Android devices only allow to install applications through the Google Market. In order to allow you to manually install the bundle with this .apk file, go to your device's Settings, tap on the Applications menu item, and activate the check-box 'Unknown sources' in the following list (if not already activated).

2- Open the email received from mobile@navionics.com on your mobile device (recommended)

If you cant open the email from your device go to step 4

3- Tap on the attached file (.apk) and follow the instruction that will appear on the device screen

(end of the procedure)

4- Open the email received from mobile@navionics.com on your laptop and copy the application file (.apk) to your device's SD card

a) Connect your device via USB cable to your laptop;
b) Follow your manufacturer's device instructions to mount the SD card and copy the .apk file to the device's SD card;
c) Use a file manager to explore the content of the SD card within your device: if you don't have any, you can download the (free) application called 'Astro File Manager' through the Google Market;
d) Using the file manager, locate the .apk file and tap on it. Then, you just have to follow the instructions to have the application installed onto your device

(end of the procedure)

If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best regards,

Navionics Mobile Team

Baker is offline   Reply With Quote