Cummins Smart Craft HMI Screen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stout

Vessel Name
Stout
Vessel Make
Nordic Tug 42
Our Smart Craft HMI is 9 years old and has some areas where the pixles are light or non reactive. Has anyone ever tried to replace just the screen instead of the whole unit?

Has anyone found a replacement for the unit itself? Ours is almost unreadable.

Tony Athens sells a nice replacement. I will post a link if that is permissible here.

Go ahead with the link MYTraveller.

Thanks for the link. I saw that when I googled the issue. I was hoping there was someone who might have an exact match.

I have a QSC 8.3. I am sure a phone call will set me up with the correct replacement.

Thanks again.
Bruce

Hi Bruce, did you end up replacing your Smartcraft screen? What was the age of your screen? Thanks.

The guy never returned my emails. It looks like he does Volvo Penta, not SmartCraft. I have not replaced my screen, which is a 2005.

Bruce I tried the link to Burnt Screens that C lectric posted (Thanks C! :thumb:), and already have a reply:

Kevin, Yes I have done the Smartcraft HMI's. I can evaluate and let you know if it is a standard repair the cost is $650 to repair the LCD. There is no cost for the quote. Regards, Heinz 315-778-6724

He says he has done them. $650 is about half of a new SMX display or the Cummins VesselView 4 at Seaboard Marine. I like the new color sunlight readable screens on both.

http://www.sbmar.com/product-category/instrumentation/digital-display-panels/

Thanks Kevin. I will reach out and see what we can get done. $650 to keep the usability and form factor seems very reasonable.

Hi Bruce, I asked him some more questions on how he does the repair and if he replaces the screen or repairs it. His reply was:

"we refurbish the old screen with a process that uses a UV stabilized polymer. The screen may appear slightly green and slightly darker from factory original but the contrast and visibility is significantly improved."

That explains the look of the repaired screens on his website.

Has anyone tried the Bluetooth VesselView Mobile yet with their Cummins engines with Smartcraft already installed? I have a display that is on the way out and thought this $289 solution to an iPhone or Android device (iPad) might be a reasonable solution.

That looks like a pretty good solution to the problem. Waiting to hear reports....

$267 on Amazon, add an iPad mini or Android for $300.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom