Old 04-23-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
Guru

City: East Coast
Vessel Name: M/V Maerin (Sold)
Vessel Model: Solo 4303
CHS ENC Charts

I'm wanting to get some CHS charts for a planned trip north this summer. I discovered earlier that after Jan. 2017 the CHS charts will no longer be distributed on CD, only by download. From their website:
Quote:
CHS distributes nautical charts through a dealer network that serves Canada and the entire world. You can use this site to find the nautical charts that you need and choose the dealer from which you will order them. Then use the new CHS Chart Registry Service to download and registeryour electronic charts. Registering your charts allows you access to the most recent updates for the duration of your licence.
I attempted to follow the instructions, went to Fugawi and purchased (I thought) charts, then followed the Fugawi instructions which don't work. The CHS site instructions don't make any sense either, so I've got 2 independent sites with 2 sets of instruction, neither of which work. I have a receipt for the order, but no functioning download of any charts.

I've sent support requests to both CHS and Fugawi sites, just wondering if anyone else has successfully obtained charts since the new policy took effect. I've had past dealings with CHS support, gotta give em pats, super prompt replies, easy solutions, friendly responses. EZPZ. But the website.... completely FUBAR.

https://maerin.net
Maerin is offline   Reply With Quote