Cetec Benmar course keeper 210

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Captainjlr

Has anyone used or currently using a cetec benmar course keeper 210? How does the auto pilot operate with you're chart plotter? I have this autopilot installed I have not tested it but hoping to get it working with new garmin GPS and radar.

Has anyone used or currently using a cetec benmar course keeper 210? How does the auto pilot operate with you're chart plotter? I have this autopilot installed I have not tested it but hoping to get it working with new garmin GPS and radar.

I just converted to a Garmin autopilot as part of a refresh of the existing electronics. As part of the update I got the new Garmin chart plotter, radar, and digital autopilot. We were able to retain the existing autopilot motor. That saved quite a bit on the install and cost of the system. I’m really happy with my new system.

I can operate the autopilot in “manual” mode as well as through the controls within the chart plotter.

I did a search online with alot of info, put trawler forum in it also. There is a member who got his working by cleaning contacts and briefly explains the system. I will be following as I will be trying to get my Benmar working in the spring. Good Luck

I think you're asking if the 210 will interface to your navigational equipment. I'm going way WAY back trying to remember using/working on one of these pilots but my first instinct is to say no, it will not interface to anything as it is a stand-alone pilot. They did a pretty good job of steering the boat actually, mainly because they were so simple! I *think* the subsequent models interfaced via nmea0180 and then 0183 but not the model you're speaking of. I would do as T210 recommended. Use it until it quits or until you're not happy with it and then replace the pilot with another more current model but use the benmar existing drive. You'll save a lot of $$ that way.

I just converted to a Garmin autopilot as part of a refresh of the existing electronics. As part of the update I got the new Garmin chart plotter, radar, and digital autopilot. We were able to retain the existing autopilot motor. That saved quite a bit on the install and cost of the system. I’m really happy with my new system.

I can operate the autopilot in “manual” mode as well as through the controls within the chart plotter.

Did you have to get the retrofit kit from Garmin? What unit did you go with?

Back
Top Bottom