Bonding circuit question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then there is this:

"The one overall compelling reason for bonding together the underwater metals on any boat is for the prevention of electrical shock to the people aboard.

If all the metal fittings, all the appliance and instrument cases, the engine, tanks, and the DC negative are all at the same potential, the hazard from being shocked by a faulty appliance is reduced. That is, provided that the connections were installed correctly, and provided that those connections are maintained."

Then there is this:

"The one overall compelling reason for bonding together the underwater metals on any boat is for the prevention of electrical shock to the people aboard.

If all the metal fittings, all the appliance and instrument cases, the engine, tanks, and the DC negative are all at the same potential, the hazard from being shocked by a faulty appliance is reduced. That is, provided that the connections were installed correctly, and provided that those connections are maintained."

True...I did mention the current thinking for bonding is more safety rather than corrosion.

The only joke with bonding EVERY thru hull is ...how the heck is the forward head intake and discharge....not attached to anything but hose for many feet possible going to shock someone?

So all I can say from my experience with bonding is that it is a free-for-all of opinions with a few absolutes and a lot of "????????????????????". :D

I think most of the ??? and confusion comes from the fact that most non electricians dont grasp the concept of "potential" as it applies to electricity.

Greetings,
Mr. ps. "...how the heck is the forward head intake and discharge....not attached to anything but hose for many feet possible going to shock someone?"
The very first thing that comes to...er...mind is Taco Bell...

dass.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom