Blue Seas D.C. Amps gauge issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dswizzler

Vessel Name
Delta Swizzler
Vessel Make
1988 58' Vantare
Looking for some HELP and I know I can't be the first to run across this issue. I have 2 blues Sea gauges hooked up to two different banks of batteries to show both input and output of amps into the banks. One gauge appears to read fine, meaning as I charge I see the amps decreasing as the voltage increases. The second gauge shows the amps decreasing as the battery is used which is expected. But also negative when the battery is being charged. I have tried reversing the wiring on the shunt but that did not correct the issue. The battery bank does charge up, I can see the voltage going up to 14+ volts, but the amp hours do not go up, nor do the amps appear going in reflect on the guage. I have attempted to swap gauges as well and the problem follows the wiring to the new guage.

Considered I live on the hook in La Paz México my battery's health is a major concern. Appreciate any help or suggestions.

Sounds like the shunt is either shorted across or somehow not in the circuit? Do you have an accurate dc voltmeter?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom