Benmar Course keeper 210?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daddyo

Guru
Vessel Name
Grace
Vessel Make
DeFever 48
This Defever 48 I'm buying has the Benmar Course Keeper 210 autopilot. I understand there is an upgrade you can get that enables GPS interface. Has anyone used this unit with the GPS upgrade and what was your experience? Thanks.

Hi Mark,
so you are buying a defever 48....Wow.

send me a picture .

-- Edited by septembre on Monday 7th of February 2011 08:50:15 PM

Here you go Buddy. It's not much of a shot but I'll have lots more soon.

Attachments

• dsc03063.jpg
    dsc03063.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 161
What happened to your boat in your Avatar, Daddyo - what we would cal the Blue Seas 36?
Also, we had a couple of those De Fever 48s for sale at our marina recently. They look a really nice vessel, but the one thing that puzzled me, and I'm sure you will be able to enlighten me, is the point/function of a hard-top above an aft cabin which is too low to stand up under. How is it used exactly, or is it just to extend the flybridge deck and shade the aft cabin?

My avatar boat (Marine Trader 36) is still for sale. The extended flybridge is for dinghy storage, coverage for aft cabin so ports can be left open and a great shaded lounging area adjacent to the cockpit. It's for sitting or some have put hammocks or pads for sleeping.

Attachments

• 1869280_14.jpg
    1869280_14.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 1869280_15.jpg
    1869280_15.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 178
  • 1869280_22.jpg
    1869280_22.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 155
Besides the functions mentioned- I think it enhances the looks.

Very nice looking boat!

JohnP

Hey Mark!.......another teak deck....you don't remember your last job on the marine trader?

I also recently acquired a defever 48 with a benmar course keeper 210. did you ever find a way to interface to a GPS?

I did not, I tossed it and put in a Raymarine. Very satisfied. Tell more about your 48!!!.

Daddyo, I'm in the process of removing my Benmar rotor chain drive and replacing it with a Raymarine mechanical rotory. Any advice?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom