Battery sources in the Puget Sound area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ed

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Makin Do
Vessel Make
PT38 Sedan #60
This is really a 2 question post.

I currently*have Trojan AGMs*as<a></a> the start bank and will be replacing them soon.* Does anyone in the PS area have a source for Trojan replacements at reasonable cost?

Does anyone have experience with the Dyno batteries that are made in Seattle?

Thanks for any info.

-- Edited by Ed on Saturday 23rd of April 2011 07:01:22 PM

I just bought a 4D start battery from Dyno to replace the 2 yo chinese battery that just went TU. I am a great fan of Dyno batteries and have never had a problem. I understand that the fishing fleet is partial to Dyno as well. My current boat has a house bank of 8 Golf Carts and my previous boat had 12 GC's, all from Dyno.

Be prepared to pay big. The 4D cost me $240 including tax and that was the wholesale cost. The guy I dealt with said they are paying something like $1.17 a pound for lead. Teh 4D wieghs in at 100 lbs.

Ron

Ed wrote:
Does anyone have experience with the Dyno batteries that are made in Seattle?
Have used Dyno wet-cells*for many years, including 8D, 4D and GC sizes.* I consider them to be a good medium duty battery and an excellent value.

The cost of lead is making any battery very expensive these days.

I just bought two new AGMs from Boat Electric in Seattle. They come highly recommended.

I just purchased a Dyno Gp 24 Deep cycle battery at Fisheries Supply. My price with an account was about $85.00. I decided to go with Dyno and Fisheries as both are local companies with good reputations. I cannot give any recommendation about the life or use of the battery till after summer. The battery will be used to power a prawn puller on my dingy. If you don't have an account with Fisheries, you might want to look into it.

Larry H

My housebank is made up of*6 Dyno CG's and I just bought an 8DC from Fisheries to run my windlass. I like the idea of buying from a family business, besides, Dyno has a good*local reputation and*I always get answers to my questions when*I call. Compared to AGM type, these wet batteries represent good*value for the money. BTW/I let my batteries go dry a couple of times and both times they came back from the dead!!

Usually Sams Club , Sears or one of the big retailers will have Golf Cart 6V batts at a good price.

I prefer Sears for a cruising boat as they are in so many towns .

Before any new house batts are installed its time for a SOC meter first!!!

You may find the existing ones are not shot , just mistreated , and living a month or two with a really weak set and SOC meter will teach you a huge amount of batt and load management , useful knowledge when not dock side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom