Battery Management System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kazenza

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sea Rover
Vessel Make
CT 40 / Hartley Motor Sailor
I am replacing the battery management (so to speak) system in my 1981 Ta Ciao Trawler. It is a twin engine (Lehman 120) trawler with currently two battery banks each of which is two 8d batteries wired in parrallel (4 batteries total). I am converting it to a three bank system and am looking at either BEP clusters (718-140A-DVSR) or the Blue Sea triple battery bank management Panel (PN 8693). I am interested in what people are using and anyone's opinion about either one of these systems.

Randy

It's only 5 pages... :blush: Here the thread about what I did last year as a new 12V rig. I can get you full size pics of whatever you want. Can answer a few questions too. Got a ton of great advice from RickB here... Ignored some of it... Used most of it. :angel: I also got a good lead on inexpensive wire stock from him out in Washington.

There is no such thing and over engineering and no such thing as too simple. (the simple part is the advice I kinda ignored... sorry Rick) :hide:

Link: http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s4/winter-project-i-charging-system-upgrade-5641.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom