Aristu radar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pack Mule

TF Site Team
Vessel Name
Slo-Poke
Vessel Make
Jorgensen custom 44
I took my old radar off the boat because the mount was leaking and I'm wanting to relocate it .The PO had cut the cable from the radar to the monitor and respliced all the wires back together.I'm not sure why .It was working fine but I would like to put a new cable on before reinstalling it . Does anyone know of a good place to send this off to to have a new cable installed?Can a electrical repair shop handle it or does it take a radar tech? It's a lot of wires and I'm not crazy about the splice.

Is this unit so old that I should just start over ?

When you're messing with something that sensitive and subject to other electronic distortion, I'm surprised it was working so well. Is that Mfgr still in business?

Larrry ,this is my first radar so I'm not so sure that it was working perfectly . It was weird all the splices were wrapped with tape and then wrapped with foil and there are a lot of wires there.I haven't looked to see if they are still in buisness. I only used it a couple times and it worked .The po said he used it a bunch in the Bahamas .

Was it adequate before? If so, I'd splice the cable and if it works, great. Spend the saved money on more varnish. :)
Not one of you showed up for my varnish party and I promised the wife we would have some help. I might wear work clothes 24/7 but I buy good varnish and good rum .Not the cheap stuff.

Anritsu. They are still in business. Simrad probably has the cables as well.
Thanks It would have helped if I would have spelled it right to begin with . I contacted Simrad and they directed me to Si-Tex Marine. They just need model # and should be able to get cable.

Back
Top Bottom