Anyone Running a Simrad GO9 XSE?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cool beans

Vessel Make
Bayliner 3870
Being the budget minded boater I am, The Simrad GO9 XSE looks like a nice all-n-one unit that will do everything I'm looking for...which isn't much :lol: I'm replacing a 15+ year old Lorance chart plotter (burned out, I think) with GPS and a Garmin Fish Finder.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/simr...VCY6zCh3O_AzmEAQYASABEgLhmvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

GPS, SOG, Chart plotter, nice fishfinder, depth, temp..expandable to radar, auto pilot navigation, I can tether it to my phone and take it to my lower helm, touch screen which I love...

Sounds like a pretty nice system that's on sale at Westmarine and has a $150 rebate...so like $850. I would need to buy a thru-hull transducer though.

Thoughts? Better options for roughly similar price?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I got one on sale last fall for about that price with the all-in-one transducer and two types of charts. I was looking at chartplotters and admired this one. When West Marine had that sale I jumped. I haven’t used it much during winter but it has all the bells and whistles. I haven’t decided what to do with the transducer. I want all the sonar options but don’t want a transducer hanging off the transom.

Back
Top Bottom