Any professional Raymarine on Forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

101TUG

Vessel Name
Soler Fox
Vessel Make
Selene 62
Hello All,

I want to update my Raymarine system onboard and need help for that.

for now all are from 2008

we have
2X E120 screen (old series)
seatalk box
ST8002 pilote
remote control wireless for pilot
ST+60 DEPTH
ST+60 GRAPHIC
ST+60 RUDDER
ST+60 WIND
DMS300 I don't know the model of transfuser
flugate compass
RAY240EVHF
Open radar

I really want Super HD radar I'm going to 12kW 6ft open array :thumb:
We have good used E140W I'm going to install to have 3 screen :angel:
What would be you suggestion and recommendation to not spend money for nothing, I don't have unlimited budget :D

147501824868283.jpg

147501834848962.jpg

147501848138455.jpg

14750186144989.jpg

147501981749984.jpg

147502053811431.jpg

Last edited:
Does everything work, or are there particular problems that you are trying to solve?

Do you have space identified to install the E140?

If things work, and all you want is to install the net radar scanner, then I would just do that, and leave the old one in place as a back up if there is room. This assumes the E120/140 can work with the Super HD, which I think they can, but you should confirm with Raymarine.

Bottom line is I wouldn't start replacing stuff unless something is broken or there is a specific new capability that you are after. With integrated systems, as soon as you start replacing one thing it very quickly becomes a slippery slope and you will find yourself doing a complete refit for big $$.

keep those classic e series as they were the last very well built raymarine plotters.

Does everything work, or are there particular problems that you are trying to solve?

Do you have space identified to install the E140?

If things work, and all you want is to install the net radar scanner, then I would just do that, and leave the old one in place as a back up if there is room. This assumes the E120/140 can work with the Super HD, which I think they can, but you should confirm with Raymarine.

Bottom line is I wouldn't start replacing stuff unless something is broken or there is a specific new capability that you are after. With integrated systems, as soon as you start replacing one thing it very quickly becomes a slippery slope and you will find yourself doing a complete refit for big $$.

I can create room for the extra E140:thumb:

if I install a HD Radar do I keep the old one (still working good)

I was thinking may be AIS :ermm:

I can create room for the extra E140:thumb:

if I install a HD Radar do I keep the old one (still working good)

I was thinking may be AIS :ermm:

I expect you can keep and continue to use the old radar, but check the installation manuals for the E120, E140, and the two radars. I'm not familiar enough with Raymarine to say.

And adding AIS shouldn't be a problem. I had an E120 with AIS many years ago and it worked fine.

So it sounds like the best thing to do is keep all your existing stuff, add the second radar, and add AIS. Seems like a very manageable project.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom