Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
101TUG's Avatar
 
City: Gustavia
Country: St Barth
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 266
Any professional Raymarine on Forum?

Hello All,

I want to update my Raymarine system onboard and need help for that.

for now all are from 2008

we have
2X E120 screen (old series)
seatalk box
ST8002 pilote
remote control wireless for pilot
ST+60 DEPTH
ST+60 GRAPHIC
ST+60 RUDDER
ST+60 WIND
DMS300 I don't know the model of transfuser
flugate compass
RAY240EVHF
Open radar

I really want Super HD radar I'm going to 12kW 6ft open array
We have good used E140W I'm going to install to have 3 screen
What would be you suggestion and recommendation to not spend money for nothing, I don't have unlimited budget






__________________
Advertisement

101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member
 
City: Steamboat Springs CO.
Country: USA
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 90
Subscribed!

Ch
__________________

man n black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 06:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
101TUG's Avatar
 
City: Gustavia
Country: St Barth
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by man n black View Post
Subscribed!

Ch
I tell professional but can be any other one ...
101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 07:14 AM   #4
Guru
 
twistedtree's Avatar
 
City: Gloucester, MA
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,725
Does everything work, or are there particular problems that you are trying to solve?

Do you have space identified to install the E140?

If things work, and all you want is to install the net radar scanner, then I would just do that, and leave the old one in place as a back up if there is room. This assumes the E120/140 can work with the Super HD, which I think they can, but you should confirm with Raymarine.

Bottom line is I wouldn't start replacing stuff unless something is broken or there is a specific new capability that you are after. With integrated systems, as soon as you start replacing one thing it very quickly becomes a slippery slope and you will find yourself doing a complete refit for big $$.
__________________
www.MVTanglewood.com
twistedtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:05 AM   #5
Veteran Member
 
City: stuart
Country: usa
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 49
keep those classic e series as they were the last very well built raymarine plotters.
silentfaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
101TUG's Avatar
 
City: Gustavia
Country: St Barth
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedtree View Post
Does everything work, or are there particular problems that you are trying to solve?

Do you have space identified to install the E140?

If things work, and all you want is to install the net radar scanner, then I would just do that, and leave the old one in place as a back up if there is room. This assumes the E120/140 can work with the Super HD, which I think they can, but you should confirm with Raymarine.

Bottom line is I wouldn't start replacing stuff unless something is broken or there is a specific new capability that you are after. With integrated systems, as soon as you start replacing one thing it very quickly becomes a slippery slope and you will find yourself doing a complete refit for big $$.
I can create room for the extra E140

if I install a HD Radar do I keep the old one (still working good)

I was thinking may be AIS
101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
101TUG's Avatar
 
City: Gustavia
Country: St Barth
Vessel Name: Super MAN
Vessel Model: Terranova Explorer
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentfaith View Post
keep those classic e series as they were the last very well built raymarine plotters.
ok good to know
101TUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:56 PM   #8
Guru
 
twistedtree's Avatar
 
City: Gloucester, MA
Country: USA
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101TUG View Post
I can create room for the extra E140

if I install a HD Radar do I keep the old one (still working good)

I was thinking may be AIS
I expect you can keep and continue to use the old radar, but check the installation manuals for the E120, E140, and the two radars. I'm not familiar enough with Raymarine to say.

And adding AIS shouldn't be a problem. I had an E120 with AIS many years ago and it worked fine.

So it sounds like the best thing to do is keep all your existing stuff, add the second radar, and add AIS. Seems like a very manageable project.
__________________

__________________
www.MVTanglewood.com
twistedtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2006 - 2012