Any advantage or disadvantage from 30 to 50 Amp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
With smaller 30A electric it might pay to investigate the style of inverter that boosts the current from the batts , then recharges the batts when the load goes down.

Really useful in 15A slips to do a load of laundry.

If you have a generator, dont be afraid to use it. That is why you have that generator, to use.

Can't see a 29 footer needing any more than a single 30A. My 38 has two AC's, water heater, air compressor, 40A charger and all sorts of intermittent or little loads. Runs off a single 30A. Might have to load manage by turning off air comp, but have found that to be no big deal unless using a lot of air (rare).

RSN48: we have 30 amp, and were able get along just fine in False Creek this past Christmas. We did the load shedding thing and were even able to juggle the electrical space heaters, water heater, dehumidifier, etc, with only tripping the breaker a couple of times (LOL). We also have a Webasto hydronic heating system, which we used to warm the boat (and hot water) first thing in the morning.

I am thinking a faster charge rate time when visiting marinas away from my home base.

Why do you think you will be showing up to marinas with dead batteries?

RSN48: we have 30 amp, and were able get along just fine in False Creek this past Christmas. We did the load shedding thing and were even able to juggle the electrical space heaters, water heater, dehumidifier, etc, with only tripping the breaker a couple of times (LOL). We also have a Webasto hydronic heating system, which we used to warm the boat (and hot water) first thing in the morning.

Yup, when my one 120vt light goes dark, time to shed some loads and reset the breakers.

Back
Top Bottom