Old 04-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #1
Guru

City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
Alarm system

I have a engine alarm panel that was made by SC Marine. This unit appears to original equipment on my 1976 48Lrc. This panel has a buzzer and lights monitoring both engines and generators. It includes a test switch which checks function of all lights and buzzer and a silence switch for the buzzer. My has malfunctioned and the lights remain on all the time. I don't know if there is a control box somewhere or just a terminal strip. Does anybody know if this company still exists or where I could find information on this unit. Thanks
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

City: MILWAUKIE
Vessel Name: Angelique
Vessel Model: Hatteras 80' CPMY
I would hazard a guess that part of a switch has worn out. I have seen lots of cool new alarm panels in other threads...to warn of exhaust over temp for example. If you are not the voltmeter type, an electrician could guide you to the repair or replace decision. Bet it can be fixed. Good luck.
Angelique
denloe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Guru

City: Walnut Grove Ca
Vessel Name: Cary'D Away
Vessel Model: Hatteras 48 LRC
It's old school

It's all soldered and mounted on a circuit board so I'm sure it's repairable. I'd like to get a wiring diagram and find out if parts are available. Also the wires on the board are all black and the wires at the engines are standard colors so there is something between the panel and the engines. There are a lot of places to look on this boat so I'd like and idea of what I'm looking for.
Scary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Guru

City: North Carolina for now
I see you also posted on the Hatteras Owner's Forum. There should be relay box in the ER that all the sensors feed into. Do a search there are a number of posts on the various system monitors over the years.

A good guy to call is Roger Wetherington, who worked at Hatteras for decades. He has all the different systems they used on hard board, and can walk you through it. His contact info is on this thread, one page back from where you posted:

12 Point Monitor Troubleshooting

"There's the Right Way, the Wrong Way, and what some guy says he's gotten away with"
caltexflanc is offline   Reply With Quote