Airmar Transducer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shrew

Guru
Site Team
Vessel Name
N/A
Vessel Make
1999 Mainship 350 Trawler
I've been in the middle of a bit of an Electronics migration.

Upper Helm: Raymarine C97
Transducer: Airmar C1225

I recently bought the Raymarine C127 which is the big brother of my C97. I moved the C97 down to my lower helm (where there was no electronics), then installed the C127 at the upper helm.

I installed a Raynet switch where I ran the radar and connected both displays in order to get radar at both locations. Initially I didn't want to have both displays on to get radar working at either location.

Now the problem was I had to have both displays running to get the depth from the transponder. I decided I would prefer to have the transponder connected to the lower helm. This way I get depth at the lower while the upper of off. I will need the lower on to get depth at the upper, which was fine.

I back-pulled the transponder cable and plugged it into the Raymarine C97 now installed at the lower helm. This transponder has been plugged into that display for several years.

All of a sudden, no depth.

Is it possible that backpulling the Airmar C1225 cable 'broke' the cable??

Can I splice a new connector into the cable? Or do I need to run a entire new cable from the transponder to the display??

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I feel like sometimes my posts are either confusing or I'm the first person to encounter these issues.

Its possible if you pulled hard. Those wires are what 16ga? If not a strand only? It's a sealed cable to so I'm not a fan to reccomend checking ohms in the wire.

I have not much experience with the system but did you have depth and radar before moving the transducer wire down?

If you do not see any physical damage in the connector on either side I would think the worst case is a broken wire.

Transducer is a 2 wire setup. Signal and ground.

Back
Top Bottom