Air whistle pack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assembled this air horn pack.
I will be installing it in my NT32
5 gal tank
30 amp 3/4 hp pump puts out 3.3 CFM@100 psi w/no tank
Whistle control pull valve for two different horns and whistles
Cunningham air whistle and maybe a Stanley Steamer air whistle

4” General Motors locomotive air gauge.
Any body else doing anything like this please tell me about it.

Attachments

• 6A7FFAEC-4F3E-437A-80F5-67BEF4898B8B.jpeg
    6A7FFAEC-4F3E-437A-80F5-67BEF4898B8B.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 189
I added 2 horns bring the total to 3 horns. The original horn driven by a small 12vt, no tank compressor. The new 2 horns are driven by a Harbor Freight small 12 vt compressor with tank. The Hatteras have nothing on me. My "one long and continuous sound" will rattle the windows on any near by condos. Sound the horn on a blind curve and other boats start fearing a huge ship coming round the bend. LOL
I know my horns exceed the USCG requirements for a 34ft boat. Is that a ticket-able offense.

Last edited:
Wow, does that ever look like PHUN! Wish I had room for something like that.

Wow, does that ever look like PHUN! Wish I had room for something like that.

They are installed on wither side the phony stack. I also installed a light that turns on the with horns.
I am also considering stepping up the nav lights one notch. The USCG regulations specifying the size of the nav lights are minimum suggestions based upon the boat's length.

Will your whistle light be all-around or directional?
Upgrading nav lights is generally just such a good idea. Installing the sloppy and dim combo side lights my Pilot came with should have been considered a criminal act.

I have two truck horns, each is almost three feet long. Almost the whole horns are behind the flybridge superstructure with just the "bell" and a few inches extended out of the structure.
Powered by a compressor with a 2 gallon tank, I can get about 90 seconds out of a full tank. It takes a few minutes to recharge. Talk about LOUD. I love it. I am reluctant to sound it off in the marina except for special occasions like visiting dignitaries or flag raising or first launches because they are so loud. Great out on the lake though.

I have a back up horn for more polite use.

pete

Will your whistle light be all-around or directional?
Upgrading nav lights is generally just such a good idea. Installing the sloppy and dim combo side lights my Pilot came with should have been considered a criminal act.

It is an all around light that turns on and off with the horns.
A bit of history of whistle lights goes all the back for years before my birth. They would be on either side of the stack, lighting the owner's logo on the side of the stack.
My lights sits on top of the stack.
Personally, I am not in favor of side lights. Why? Because, to the best of knowledge, there are no USCG regulations addressing them so people try to get fancy with them and their color choice.

Back
Top Bottom