ActiveCaptain for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richard W

Vessel Name
anytime
Vessel Make
2007 Chaparral 270 Signature LOA 29'
FYI ... and apologies if this was already posted.

Just noticed the app that was released in November 2013. I downloaded it and played with it a bit ... works well on iPad. You can download ActiveCaptain POI database and underlying topo map (not nav chart) for untethered use.

Similar functionality to their online guide sans POI editing that is coming later. In addition, interface to internal or external GPS and ability to track boat position and indicate proximity hazards.

Last edited:
FYI ... and apologies if this was already posted.

Just noticed the app that was released in November 2013. I downloaded it and played with it a bit ... works well on iPad. You can download ActiveCaptain POI database and underlying topo map (not nav chart) for untethered use.

Similar functionality to their online guide sans POI editing that is coming later. In addition, interface to internal or external GPS and ability to track boat position and indicate proximity hazards.
From the sounds of your description, you're talking about Skipper.

There are a bunch of products that license ActiveCaptain data - the current list is:
https://activecaptain.com/navProducts.php

This one is new ... the standalone ActiveCaptain app by ActiveCaptain.

I have other apps, like Garmin BlueChart, that interface with and use AC data as a layer. This one is different ... very rudimentary yet unique ... I wonder where will it go over time.

Just curious ... :) ... you are not Jeffr Siegel (ActiveCaptain), are you?

Last edited:
This one is new ... the standalone ActiveCaptain app by ActiveCaptain.

Just curious ... :) ... you are not Jeffr Siegel (ActiveCaptain), are you?

Oh, sorry - didn't know you meant that one (yeah, I wrote it). It's quite basic right now with a lot more being added.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom