Active Captain Companion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great concept but has some quirks that need ironed out...i still look forward to the updates.
I love that comment - it perfectly describes a segment I wrote for Wednesday's newsletter. It's very much like the first few years when ActiveCaptain was released and we got continual complaints how no one would use ActiveCaptain until we supported the printing of the data. It didn't recognize the vision of what was new and instead forced some people to shoehorn ActiveCaptain into something they already knew where it came up short.

It's amazing to read some of the other positive comments we've gotten. After just a couple of weeks, some people have changed their underway checklist to include Companion setup and speaker testing before they put their engines in gear. I'd rather look forward and give others time to catch up rather than waste time to implement technology like high quality charts that make no sense, miss the vision, and keep everything very US-centric.

I don't have to wish I has access to my Active Captain local info anymore. It is at my fingertips

Well said, Active Captain is my 3rd mate on board and has saved my rear a number of times over the past few years.

Thanks Jeff

Back
Top Bottom