90 degree 30 amp plug

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senangsekali

Vessel Name
Senang Sakali
Vessel Make
North Sea 37
i found myself a 90 degree 30 amp plug. i was getting worried about the strain on the straight plug. $45.00 worth every penny to me. 20180706_171444.jpeg

And the source of this find is???

The price is $32 now on amazon. Damn i should of waited.

Kind of wonder why shore cords aren't made with them. At both ends, usually. It isn't just the strain, it's the tripping hazard avoided.

Kind of wonder why shore cords aren't made with them. At both ends, usually. It isn't just the strain, it's the tripping hazard avoided.
yes very true about the tripping hazard as I always bump into it. I wondered that as well because everywhere I look, I see boats with the same issue I had. The funny thing is I tried many marine stores with no luck of finding one.

I use RV 90s on the dock to plug into my 30 amp outlets. By using the 90s on the dock end, I can close the covers on the outlets rather than leaving them opem . I need the straight in plugs on the boat end.

That is a great idea. I’d love to find a 90 degree 50A/120v plug.

no because both ends are marine type. Rotate a little .

Correct. 50A/125v cords and adapters are hard to find. I just happen to have a boat with a 50A/125v inlet and my slip has a 50A/125v power pedestal. I then lucked out and found a short Marinco 50A/125v power cord really CHEAP on sale. First time I haven’t had to use adaptors at my home slip for 8 years.

Defender has some too.

Back
Top Bottom