240 volt bilge pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bluetide

Veteran Member
Hi

What brand and model 240 volt self priming (not submersable) pump do you use.
I am in need of one that will pump 5500 litres an hour.
Thanks
Bluetide

I don't use any but if you're in an area where 240 volts is the standard, I would suggest checking a local marine store.

Home centers, hardware stores and plumbing supply stores are good sources if you don't need a "marine" pump.

Pacer makes good high volume pumps, and they are available powered by pretty much anything you want.

Why not use a submersible? More reliable priming than any non-submersible.

We have a 240v salt water washdown pump so it`s possible, but unusual. Emergency back up purposes?

I think our youngest member, Oliver, installed one on his boat. If I recall he installed a Scot Pump. Scot Pump Marine - Home
The ones with a strainer mounted on the intake retain enough water to self prime.

Jabsco makes some pretty big rubber impeller pumps with 220v motors.

Are you 50 or 60 hz?

Prosser submersible 1 3/4 pumps might fill the bill. I have a 110, 12 Amp model. They are pricey. Used em to pump out man holes, often used for flooded basements.

Hi All

Thanks for your replies.
Didn't realize had any answers.
This will be my main pump.
Reason for not having a submersable is that this will be connected to a bilge manifold that goes to 4 different compartments.
No it will not be in my bilge water, it will be mounted away from any liquid.
Capt Bill that Overdorfer 406 looks the goods.
We have a distributor here in Melbourne, will give them a call on Monday.
HopCar the Scott pumps look great to but not sure where to find them in Australia,we are 50Hz.
Thanks all.
Have a great weekend.

One option which might be a bit cheaper is to use a smaller self priming pump as a priming pump for a larger gorman - rupp type high volume pump. Just a thought.

Many household well pumps are mostly plastic and might serve well if yours is not a gasoline powered boat.

Most will self prime to 25+ft so in a boat where 5 ft might be the max , no delay for fire service or dewatering will be noticed.

Back
Top Bottom