South Shore Harbour Marina, Clear Lake, TX

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith

Guru
Vessel Name
Anastasia III
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
$3.30*Mid grade 89 octane gasoline*- $2.90 diesel.
Both are ValvTect fuels with additives already in there. I'll be posting whenever they change. The marina is now on Facebook and Twitter if you want to keep track there.

Prices still good 9/27/2010.

11/8/2010. Fuel prices now:
Gas: $3.35
Diesel: $3.25

Damm...and I was going to fill up a couple of weeks ago when diesel was $2.90. Now I've got to shop around the lake again.

Gas: $3.60
Diesel: $3.50

Gas: $4.05
Diesel: $4.00

Gas $4.55

Diesel $4.10

Did you fill up in November when it was $3.25?
Steve W.

I wish. Now hurricane season is approaching. Next time I buy fuel will be when it's on the downslide, or a hurricane is in the Gulf.

Gas: $4.40

Diesel:$4.00

Gas: $4.55

Diesel $4.10

Amazingly the prices are going up at SSH while prices at the pump are plummeting!!!!.....WTF!!!!

Check again... that's what I thought but the prices at the pump just spiked up too. Dammit.

Dropped!

Gas: $4.35, Diesel $3.90.

Baker, they have been getting weekly fuel deliveries, but the prices haven't changed until yesterday from the supplier. I had a conversation with Donna and she's going to look into it, and find out why THEY haven't lowered prices in so long while all the gas stations have been falling for awhile.

Ah, the numbers never lie. When I built the spreadsheet, it became apparent (you can see by the dates below) that our fuel supplier only updates our costs roughly once a month. That's why the prices seem "sticky". They do follow exactly the average fuel price trends for Houston, just don't change as often. We'll see if they will update on a delivery or weekly basis. Will keep you posted.

Lower fuel prices.

Unleaded $3.95
Diesel $3.85

I think we paid $3.27 in League City this morning on Hywy 518 to fill the car. A few stations were $3.29.

Man, if I could just get my 29 ton boat to one of those stations...

Unleaded $3.95

Diesel $3.75

Unleaded: $4.60

Diesel: $4.25

Unleaded: $4.75

Unleaded: $4.75

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been offshore for almost 6 weeks. Glad I filled my tank before the increase.

Here is an interesting tidbit "NEW YORK (AP) — For the first time, the top export of the United States, the world's biggest gas guzzler, is — wait for it — fuel....."
I guess if there is no real oil shortage, the oil companies can create their own.

Last edited:
5/17/2012
Gas $4.65
Diesel $4.15

6/2/2012
Gas $4.30
Diesel $4.00

Fuel prices drop again.
Gas: $4.25
Diesel $3.75

Fuel prices drop again.
Gas: $4.25
Diesel $3.75

I did get me some of that over the weekend. It is still almost 25 cents cheaper on the road which kinda grates me. But they got me by the shorties.....

If you want to head to Galveston, pier 19 has it about $0.50 cheaper.

Gas: $4.65

Gas: $4.25/gallon
Diesel: $4.25/gallon

When I was a young man, around 25 years old, We owned a 28 foot plywood Chris with a 351 Ford as memory serves. Gas at that time was running about .30 cents a gallon for commercial fisherman and about .40 cents for non-commercial. If one purchased a commercial fishing license and sold "A" fish commercially, one qualified. The license cost $25.00 annually, You do the math. We all were pretty much commercial boats!

Anyway, for the story- gas prices took a huge jump to around .45 cent for commercial and respectfully for the non-commercial as well. During a after Yatch Club meeting, ( I was a 'yachtiee' in my youth) discussion of these increased prices took place. I ventured that I was finding it expensive to buy gas on my youthful wage. An old timer quipped-"If you can't afford the gas, sell the damn boat!" Good advice, the next day I ventured to the local marine hardware store and announced that the purchase of a "For Sale" sign would signify my last purchase. I paid my account up and departed. Sold the boat.

Now in my mid 70's when the subject of price of gas or diesel comes up (Gas-$3.12 Diesel $3.96) (We have very low State fuel tax)
I am the first to announce that if the car or boat needs fuel, "filler Up- Miles to go and times a wasting!!"
Every time I see one of the kids and they ask how boating is going, It is my sad obligation to tell them I am spending the inhairtence, as Sanatra use to say "My Way".
Just saying,
A.M.(Al) Johnson-Ketchikan
27' Marben-Pocket Trawler-

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others-they are more screwed up than you think."

Gas: $4.00/gal
Diesel: $4.00/gal

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom