Fuel Tank Drawings for 37' Puget Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dingy

Vessel Name
Invictus
Vessel Make
1977 Puget Trawler
Is there any place that might have the original drawings of the fuel tanks for a 1977 37" Puget Trawler? Trying to get an idea on how to design new aluminum tanks so they match the hull like the original. I'm thinking some forward thinking individual would have saved the original drawings for future reference.
Just hoping, thanks for any information. Dingy

Thanks for the information. Great documentation and pictures. The lucky Tortuga has gone through some major TLC. We are going to try taking the tanks out without disturbing the engine--seems to be plenty room to work. The two 200 plus gallon tanks are a little excessive for cruising around the San Juans and into the Gulf islands so will replace with smaller tanks which gives more room and will be easier to install.

how did the name Torguna come to be? Never heard that before. Wherever I go I ask about boat names-I have played with the idea of writing a book on boat names. There are so many interesting stories. Dave (dingy)

Great article on the Tortuga!
The tank template idea looks really handy, especially to determine if it’s going to fit through the cabin and hatches to it’s final destination.
You can have the sheet metal bent to form the tank, leaving just one weld at the top, and possibly a flange to facilitate mounting.
I would design in a low point sump, even if it means loosing a little capacity.
Looks like ponding on the top was a problem with the old tanks, so the new ones could be designed with enough slope on the top to shed water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom