$3.36 a gallon...BUT....Texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Baker

TF Site Team/Forum Founder
Site Team
Vessel Name
Floatsome & Jetsome
Vessel Make
Meridian 411
We had gone over to one of our favorite spots here on Galveston Bay(Double Bayou). *It has always been primitive over there but after Hurricane Ike(which absolutely levelled the place), they put in some county docks along with other county amenities. *One of those amenities was a fuel dock. *When I asked the girl behind the counter how much was diesel, her reply was $3.36. *My next question was how much she had in her tanks because we were about 8 boats very capable of gobbling up some diesel. *Anyway, after further investigation, the pump was fairly far away from the docks with an automotive length hose on it.....quite a tease. *No way a decent sized trawer could get anywhere near the pump and the hose be able to reach the fuel port....oh well....she said that they had a longer hose on order....

-- Edited by Baker on Thursday 23rd of June 2011 11:31:24 PM

Dayum! Keep us posted! I wonder why they can sell it so much cheaper than everybody else? Maybe a long piece of PVC pipe? :)

Years ago in POrtsmouth, N.H. during one of the many historic fuel price spikes, prices at the fuel dock were about $1.50 higher than home heating oil/offroad diesel. Wasn't much of an issue for us, since we barely used 200gal a season :), but the boat that I helped out on during tuna season was a 41' Viking. Very fuel efficient boat at a burn rate of 22gal/hr running at 20knts. LOL The owner of that boat struck a deal with a heating oil company in Kittery Maine whereby they would bring a truck down to the town dock at a specific time and we'd fuel up there.
Not sure how long that continued, as we sold our boat and lost touch, but it was an interesting play, and save a lot of money filling up.

Jim

Lobstah wrote:
Years ago in POrtsmouth, N.H. during one of the many historic fuel price spikes, prices at the fuel dock were about $1.50 higher than home heating oil/offroad diesel. Wasn't much of an issue for us, since we barely used 200gal a season :), but the boat that I helped out on during tuna season was a 41' Viking. Very fuel efficient boat at a burn rate of 22gal/hr running at 20knts. LOL The owner of that boat struck a deal with a heating oil company in Kittery Maine whereby they would bring a truck down to the town dock at a specific time and we'd fuel up there.
Not sure how long that continued, as we sold our boat and lost touch, but it was an interesting play, and save a lot of money filling up.

Jim
*That's prety cool idea!

Need to organize something like that with people hanging around the marina, where several boats could all get fueled up with a package deal...

That's going into bag of tricks...

waterhawk wrote:*That's prety cool idea!
Need to organize something like that with people hanging around the marina, where several boats could all get fueled up with a package deal...

That's going into bag of tricks...
*That was then this is now.* I think you will find that most fuel companies will not play ball due to the high cost of the fines if they have a spill.* EPA will close rhem down.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom