Nimble Nomad Trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
**bumping an old thread **

What's the deal with the newer Nimble 29? They look pretty neat. Any 29ers on here?

I have not seen one yet on the water other than the first hull. There were some folks on here trying to sell their interest in one. They apparently contracted to have one built but wanted out.
Curious to know myself if any were made and are on the water.

I have not seen one yet on the water other than the first hull. There were some folks on here trying to sell their interest in one. They apparently contracted to have one built but wanted out.
Curious to know myself if any were made and are on the water.

Thanks

Well, the repower of Sweet Pea was finally completed after Hurricane Irma roared through our island. She rode it out on a trailer at the boat yard awaiting the correct pitch prop.
I reluctantly repowered my trusty 26 yr old Honda 45hp with a 50hp Suzuki Hi-Thrust. The yard really didn't know what prop to use but called PowerTech and they knew the boat and just what it needed.(14x7).
Have 5 hours on it sofar and very pleased. The power band is similar but I an running around 7 mph vs 6mph with the Honda at the same RPM. I decided on the Suzuki because of a very close dealer and a 6 yr warranty!
Loading the boat now for a 3 day trip up to South Seas Plantation for a songwriters festival. As usual we wil be the smallest boat there:D

Nimble does have a 29 outboard trailerable trawler.

Currently finishing the molds with 2 hulls done.

So they are in business and moving.

The lines are different now, roof is flat.

I do not work or have any financial relationship with them but I am a buyer of one.

Congrats on your repower, Nimble. Any pics?

NimblePlanner: That's great . Definitely a cool boat.

New Suzuki 50 High Thrust. The power head is about the same size of the old Honda but the lower unit and prop is much larger. Suzuki info says the lower unit is adapted from a 140hp motor! All I know is that it works very well.
Including pic of old motor for comparison.

Attachments

• propmate.jpg
    propmate.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 94
  • RIMG2183.JPG
    RIMG2183.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 97
Hi

Boat is displacement hull ... 22' W/L translates into 6.3 knts ... we have achieved 7 m/hr at 4 krpm and are pushing it .. *6.3 at comfortable 2.5 krpm .. 0.5 to 0.75 gph fuel consumption.

I'm 6 ft and my better half 5'4" we can easily sleep in dinette double on all but the stickiest nights .. then I'm banished to the starboard day berth ... both 6'4" limits.

We also have expanded accommodations with the addition of one piece of plywood to convert to queen size for sleeping .. rear of cabin is then entirely sleeping.

We plan to use self inflating camp mattresses (thermarest) instead of provided extra cushions as all extra cushions must find storage during the day .. not a small task on a 25' boat.

My wife wanted a boat with full head facility and this one gives all the privacy she has hoped for c/w h/c shower, and dry sink.

Boat has front and rear cockpits for enjoying the great outdoors as well as cabin top for the sun*worshippers.

All this and a review and video can be seen on*http://www.nimbleboat.net/boats.asp along other Nimble offerings.

We love the boat so far ... the 16" draught and double cockpit makes for safe/easy travel in uncharted waters.

Boat listings can be seen*http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...chtype=searchbar&Ntk=boatsEN&Ntt=nimble+nomad

Also check old listing showing cockpit and custom roof rack arragement. at*http://www.yachtworld.com/core/list...78/Niceville/FL/United-States&boat_id=2049578
Enjoy!

Do you mean 6.3knots on Only 0.5 - 0.75 gallons of fuel! That’s amazing. I️ had no idea trawlers got such great mileage

Hi! Interested to know whether you have taken ownership of your new Nimble yet? I am looking into buying sometime next year - and thinking trailerable is the way to go...Would love to have a ballpark $ of what a new 29ft goes for? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi wondering whether you got your new Nimble yet? Considering buying something trawlerable and I was wondering what kind of $$$ these go for new? Ballpark would be fine!
Thanks!

NimblePlanner Nimble does have a 29 outboard trailerable trawler.

Currently finishing the molds with 2 hulls done.

So they are in business and moving.

The lines are different now, roof is flat.

I do not work or have any financial relationship with them but I am a buyer of one.

SaysWho says;
“Do you mean 6.3knots on Only 0.5 - 0.75 gallons of fuel! That’s amazing. I️ had no idea trawlers got such great mileage”

Many smaller FD trawlers do that. FD and small and even light too makes for very fuel efficient boating. I think w the Nimble we’re talking gasoline too.

Many smaller FD trawlers do that. FD and small and even light too makes for very fuel efficient boating. I think w the Nimble we’re talking gasoline too.

I get the same mileage, .5 to .75 g/h at 6.5 kt. Our Nimbles are outboard powered, so, yes, gasoline.

Haber 20

Hi Nomads, I have been looking at and hoping to find a Nomad for some time now . unfortunately good boats seem out of my budget . I see there is a new boat to the USA called a Haber Yachts 20 . it seems to have the same mission as the Nomad . probably not as sea worthy though with the flat bow . what do you experts at this style of boat think of it .I have asked for a price on a keel version but not heard back yet . Thanks Richard

Hi Richard. I actually saw one of these at the local Ft.Myers Boat show a few months ago. I didn't inquire as to the price but I would bet its going to be more than a used Nomad. I do like the way they utilize the space in the,
There must be a local(south Fla) dealer close by for a price quote.

Hi Nomads, I have been looking at and hoping to find a Nomad for some time now . unfortunately good boats seem out of my budget . I see there is a new boat to the USA called a Haber Yachts 20 . it seems to have the same mission as the Nomad . probably not as sea worthy though with the flat bow . what do you experts at this style of boat think of it .I have asked for a price on a keel version but not heard back yet . Thanks Richard

Found their US web site. The Haber 20' Mini Reporter Pocket Trawler - Home

Running a 9.9hp has its main engine would not think it would be all that much new. But would be interested in what you hear on your price quote.

Hi Nomads

I was contacted today by the US dealer ,he is very nice gentleman that was very good at answering my questions . price is little under 60 k .motor but no trailer i think . He actually told me he used to own a Nimble Nomad .they do make a semi planing model with a 50 or 60 HP . I would love to see one up close . thanks Richard

A week ago today we picked up our 1995 Nomad, (Tropical version), just south of Chicago on the Illinois River. The weather window was closing quickly so we made her road ready and started heading south to our home in Florida. The next morning we awoke to 28 degree temperatures and snow flurries. The flurries stopped as we continued driving south.

We're former "trailer-sailors" and have easily logged 40,000 miles over the years trailering our Catalina-22's. I must say, the Nomad towed wonderfully behind our RV, but the trailer will be receiving a disc brake conversion before the next road trip.

We've spent several days cleaning and sorting out all the storage lockers. Now the job of placing all the stuff in our locations, which will be a continuous process for a while.

Can't wait to get her back in the water and start exploring our area and beyond.

Don and Debbie Boyko
Parrish, FL
m/v Formerly known as "Sea Bell"

A week ago today we picked up our 1995 Nomad, (Tropical version), just south of Chicago on the Illinois River. The weather window was closing quickly so we made her road ready and started heading south to our home in Florida. The next morning we awoke to 28 degree temperatures and snow flurries. The flurries stopped as we continued driving south.

We're former "trailer-sailors" and have easily logged 40,000 miles over the years trailering our Catalina-22's. I must say, the Nomad towed wonderfully behind our RV, but the trailer will be receiving a disc brake conversion before the next road trip.

We've spent several days cleaning and sorting out all the storage lockers. Now the job of placing all the stuff in our locations, which will be a continuous process for a while.

Can't wait to get her back in the water and start exploring our area and beyond.

Don and Debbie Boyko
Parrish, FL
m/v Formerly known as "Sea Bell"

Congrats on the new boat.

Our friends purchased this boat......absolutely pristine condition, a fine well cared for vessel!

Nimble1
A while back you posted a Nimble factory spec/info page on the Nimble Vagabond. Do you happen to still have that? I can't read the words when trying to expand the image. Thanks.

The Harbor 20' seems very practical for its size and definitely looks quite European.

Vashon,
Interesting little boat.
I don’t like the “look through the cabin” to see where your going. But OB power is an excellent choice.
Not very impressive that they don’t know high from low gear ratio.
The covered aft cockpit is a smart feature.
Apparently it has the OB mount that I’d like for Willy. The engine slides up and down while the OB remains with a vertical attitude. No tilting.
She’s not purdy .. and she’s not even cute.
But I can see enough draw that lots of sales will probably be made.
Easy re-power.

My Kodiak is for sale, 2001

Attachments

• D6AE57F6-800F-4A72-92C4-ED4F4DA2CB03.jpg
    D6AE57F6-800F-4A72-92C4-ED4F4DA2CB03.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 158
Nimble Nomad for Sale

It's with great sadness I report to you the passing last night of ourr close friend and St. James City Boat Club member Tom Nowling (a/k/a "Tall Tom").
Tom was the very proud owner of Nimble Nomad hull #1, named Sweet Pea from the day it came out of the factory in 1990. Tom always maintained Sweet Pea in top flight condition. Last year alone he repowered her with a new Suzuk 45hp high thrusti motor and had the hulll repainted professionally a beautiful deep green. Today the motor has less than 100 hours on it and the hull paint remains unscratched. The boat remains on its covered lift here in St. James City in Pine Island Florida. Tom was a frequent poster on this site uder the handle Nimble 1 where he posted several pictures of Sweet Pea over the years.

I have been tasked by Tom's widow with the sale of Sweet Pea. The price set by Tom shortly before his death is $25,000.

Any interested parties can reach me directly at 313-580-1283.

L. A. Hynds

Back
Top Bottom