ID Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IronZebra

Vessel Name
Zia Harmony
Vessel Make
Atlas Acadia 25
Can I get help on identifying this trailer trawler. Here is the little info I have: Told built in late 1950s, has Perkins diesel, 2 50 gal diesel tanks, small fresh water tanks, 25 foot, and auto anchor winch.

boat50s1.jpg

boat50s2.jpg

boat50s3.jpg

boat50s4.jpg

I don't recognize it. What does the title or documentation paper say for builder?

Ted

The craigslist poster on this got back with me and gave me the number for the owner. Called the owner and got some more info. I am not going to pursue but someone should. If anyone wants the contact info for the seller PM me.

Here is what i got from my phone call:

The boat is owned by a very well respected movie stuntman, actor, and movie guy. Mainly older westerns. He is currently in his early 70s, lives in Phoenix, and has owned the boat for 16 years. During that time he has keep it in fresh water. He also has a house boat and decided it was time to stop paying two slip rentals. So he pulled this boat out of the water about 6 months ago and has it stored on a trailer. He is paying a dry storage fee and wants the boat to go to someone that will use it.

He is asking $5500 for the boat and trailer. He bought the boat from someone else in the movie industry in California. That individual custom built the boat based upon a 1957 Chris Craft Cruiser. The boat was built with mahogany and covered with fiberglass. The build was finished in 1959. The fiberglass was part of the build (not added later). The boat is 26' long, 3' draft, and weighs around 9500 lbs. It has a 4 cylinder Perkins diesel (original). He was unsure of the HP. The boat has a total of three thru hulls; 1.25" drive shaft, Rudder, and cooling water intake. He said he changed the impeller on the water pump every three years and has a number of parts that will do to the buyer. Says lots of brass and good electronics (auto pilot, gps, radios, etc). Tanks - 100 gal diesel, 30 gal water, 40 gal waste.

Said the fellow that build the boat used to run it from California to Washington State.

Trailer is very old custom double axle with 2" ball. Said the most ever pulled was about 40 mile one way.

Craigslist ad if it is still up. https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/boa/5918310010.html

Attachments

• seacraft.jpg
    seacraft.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom